Application Notes

Who can apply?


Any individual under the age of 25 who is or whose parent or parents are resident in the area shown on the attached plan and who wants financial help with their education. Education is interpreted in the broadest possible sense.


Any individual, group or organisation that wants financial help to promote something or some activity beneficial to the residents in the area shown on the attached plan (ie charitable in its broadest sense)

Please click here for the Lichfield area boundary plan.

Does any individual or group receive preference?

No. Each application is considered on its merits but, except in the case of individual educational grants, priority is given to those applications that will provide enduring or permanent benefit. The Trustees do not give reasons for any decision that they make.

How do I make an application?

It is essential that the application form is completed whether or not additional documents are supplied.

If you are applying for an individual educational grant complete parts A and B of the attached form, otherwise complete parts A and C. Please feel free to add or send any additional information which you feel may help your application. Particularly in the case of a group or an organisation please send a copy of your last set of accounts.

All applications when completed should be sent, with any other supporting documents to:

S R James Esq
Warden of the Lichfield Conduit Lands
St Mary’s Chambers
5 Breadmarket Street
Staffordshire WS13 6LQ


When will I know if the application has been successful?

The Trustees meet four times a year, save in emergency. Their current meeting cycle and the dates by which applications must be received is as follows:

Last Date for Applications Meeting Dates
28 February 2019
06 June 2019
12 September 2019
22 November 2019
12 March 2019
18 June 2019
24 September 2019
04 December 2019

Generally you will receive written confirmation of the result of your application within 7 days of the meeting at which it is due to be considered.

Whom do I contact if I need help with the form or further information?

Please telephone the Trust’s administrator, Mrs Jane Bethell on 01543 267982, who will either help or refer the query to the Warden. She is available each Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.30pm.